We can’t start a blog post about why you should use Grow Social Pro without first discussing what it is. At its core, Grow by Mediavine is a WordPress plugin that provides social sharing buttons for bloggers using the WordPress platform.
That being said, once you upgrade to Grow Social Pro, it becomes so much more than that!
Hi! I’m Sam Seeley, Product Manager for Grow here to talk to you all about Grow Social and Grow Social Pro.
For starters, Grow by Mediavine goes by a few different names so I wanted to make sure to clarify them for you here:
Grow Social is the free version of our WordPress plugin. It can be installed on your WordPress website by visiting the WordPress plugin repository and adding the plugin to your WordPress admin.
Grow Social Pro is the premium version that unlocks some stellar features such as the ability to set custom images for Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter, as well as the ability to add hidden Pinterest images to your blog post.
If you’re still using code to add your hidden Pinterest images, you might be surprised by how quickly you can add them using Grow Social Pro. For a full list of features and to purchase the plugin (it’s only $34 a year, what a steal!) you’ll want to head over to the Mediavine Marketplace.
Note: If you’re looking for Grow.me, our social bookmarking tool, you’ll want to head over to read these posts (and hopefully, sign up for the beta):
With Grow Social Pro you are able to:
- Customize Social Content – Set custom open graph data (description and images) for other social media networks such as Twitter and Facebook.
- Click to Tweet – Let your readers easily share a custom tweet with just one click.
- Reach more people by adding a multitude of social share networks including Reddit, VK, Yummly, WhatsApp, Buffer, Telegram, Flipboard, Pocket, Tumblr and email.
- Use Mobile Sticky Footer Social Share Buttons – Make your website mobile-friendly with sticky footer buttons.
- Add Pop-Up Social Share Buttons – Trigger a pop-up with the social sharing buttons when a user starts to scroll, arrives at the bottom of a post or begins to leave your site.
- Track using Google Analytics – Track the source of your incoming traffic with help from the Google Analytics UTM parameters.
- Use the Follow Buttons Widget – Attract users to your social media profiles with our
[socialpug_follow]shortcode. Place it in your template files or anywhere on your site. Buttons include Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Reddit, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo, SoundCloud, Twitch, Yummly and Behance.
- Shorten Links – Mask long URLs using a shorter version with our Bitly and Branch integrations.
- Recover Share Counts – If you upgraded from HTTP to HTTPS and lost your social share counts, they can be recovered with Grow.
- Access Mediavine Support – Access to Mediavine’s award-winning Publisher Support team for help with technical issues, questions or feedback.
Why Should You Try Grow Social Pro?
Grow has quite a few features that I, even as a blogger myself, use daily within my blogging workflow.
My workflow looks something like this:
- Write and finalize the draft.
- Gather imagery.
- Write Pinterest and open graph descriptions, then place within the post (this is where Grow comes in to play).
- Create Pinterest-worthy images.
- Upload the pins I created to my media library and insert them within the post editor via Grow Social Pro.
In addition to providing social share buttons for over 10 networks, if you’re looking to level up your Pinterest game, Grow Social Pro has just the options you’re looking for. Using Grow Social Pro keeps the workflow I mentioned above streamlined and super quick.
For Grow Social Pro + Pinterest, you have the ability to:
Subscribe to the Mediavine Blog
Stay up to date with the latest from Mediavine