Mediavine Income Reports are kind of an awesome thing. We don’t ever ask or expect our publishers to write them, but we think income reports, along with Mediavine reviews, are incredibly helpful to the blogging world.
As our Mediavine co-founder and CEO Eric Hochberger says, it’s very important to keep in mind that if you work with a programmatic ad network, comparing your Mediavine RPM to even another MVP, is a somewhat futile exercise. No two sites have the exact same audience. Nor do they have the exact same site setup.
Audience make-up and site speed are just two of the things that can dramatically affect your overall earnings.
So comparison to another site, even one that looks like yours, has similar content to yours, and even similar traffic, is not apples to apples, no matter how much someone might like to think (or say) so.
We don’t offer an affiliate program (and here’s why), so it’s especially flattering that our publishers took the time to share about their experience with us.
We’ve put together a video of some of our publishers sharing their experiences with Mediavine for full-service ad management on their blogs and websites, and are sharing a few of our publishers’ income reports below.
What is a blog income report?
Some bloggers write income report blog posts that explain where their earnings came from, and sometimes even detailing their expenses. It can be a way to show transparency in their business, and help educate readers on how the blogging business works.
Common inclusions in income reports are earnings from digital advertising like Mediavine, affiliate marketing, influencer marketing, product and/or course sales and more. Expenses often include hosting, domains, legal costs, freelancers, web design, apps, office space and utilities — just to name a few.
What are Income Reports for?
Income reports are used both by the bloggers that write them and the bloggers that read them for inspiration and aspiration. It can be an amazing thing for a blogger to look back at where they’ve come from and see how they’ve grown.
In the same vein, it can be helpful to a new blogger to see what’s possible, and how others in the industry are doing it.
Just like chocolate chip cookies weren’t ubiquitous until more than one person had the recipe, certain ways to make income, like ebooks or courses, weren’t a viable way to make income until more than one blogger was doing it.
What should I look for in an Income Report?
Some bloggers will even include all of those different revenue streams to calculate an overall site RPM, not just display advertising RPM. It’s a good way to see how RPM changes, especially because ad revenue varies through the seasons of the year.
Cool! Show me the goods!
Without further ado, here are some of the most recent income reports by our MVPs:
- Living the Dream RTW January 2022 Income Report
- Imperfect Idealist March 2022 Income Report
- Blogging Guide March 2022 Income Report
- This Online World – 2021 Income Report
- A Passion and a Passport March 2021 Income Report
- The Fiery Vegetarian – Q4 2021 Income Report
- Evan Porter 2021 EOY Recap & Income Report
- Fork in the Road June 2021 Income Report
- The Atlas Heart June 2021 Income Report
- Monica Lent July 2021 Income Report
- ProSmartRepreneur December 2020 Income Report
- Another Mommy Blogger December 2020 Income Report
- The Fiery Vegetarian November 2020 Income Report
- Adam Enfroy November 2020 Income Report
- My Road To Wealth and Freedom November 2020 Income Report
- It’s Claudia G October 2020 Income Report
- Love Life Be Fit October 2020 Income Report
- Mom Beach August 2020 Income Report
- The Clean Eating Couple 2019 Income Report
- How I Went from $0 to $10,000 per month by FinSavvy Panda
- Chic Pursuits December 2019 Income Report
- Went There 8 This December 2019 Income Report
- Mom Makes Joy December 2019 Income Report
- Crochetpreneur November 2019 Income Report
- High Five Dad August 2019 Income Report
- Desk to Dirtbag July 2019 Income Report
- Two Wandering Soles June 2019 Income Report
- The Savvy Couple May 2019 Income Report
- Liana Desu April 2019 Income Report
- Squirrels of a Feather April 2019 Income Report
- Italian Polish Mama March 2019 Income Report
- The Fab 20s February 2019 Income Report
- A Dangerous Business January 2019 Income Report
- Earn Smart Online Class January 2019 Income Report
- How Do Blogs Make Money? by Jennifer Maker
- The Mostly Simple Life 2018 Income Report
- The Baller on a Budget 2018 Income Report
- Making Midlife Matter December 2018 Income Report
- How to Make Money Blogging for Beginners by Gathering Dreams
- This Mama Blogs November 2018 Income Report
- Fit Mom Journey November 2018 Income Report
- Hairs Out of Place November 2018 Income Report
- The Mummy Front October 2018 Income Report
- Slaying Social August 2018 Income Report
- How I Made $15,355 Blogging in 6 Months by Anastasia Blogger
- Chasing A Better Life June 2018 Income Report
- Vigor it Out May 2018 Income Report
- Practical Wanderlust March 2018 Income Report
- Life and My Finances March 2018 Income Report
- Honest Truth about Starting a Blog by Forks ‘n’ Flip Flops
- Ordinary Reviews December 2017 Income Report
- Helene In Between October 2017 Income Report
- Chasing Foxes July 2017 Income Report
- Pulling Curls March 2017 Income Report
- Easy Baby Life January 2017 Income Report
- A Pinch of Healthy Turned Food Blogging into a Career
Got an income report you think we should see? Send it to us at email@example.com.
Subscribe for Updates
Stay up to date with the latest from Mediavine
Since ChatGPT’s release in November 2022, OpenAI’s prototype of generative AI — that is, artificial intelligence that can produce new content on demand — has dominated popular tech media. We’ve …