- 06 Mar
- Susannah Brinkley Henry
Mediavine’s SEO Resources
Check out all of our search engine optimization articles, help docs, blog posts and more!
Everything we do at Mediavine is with SEO in mind.
We got our start as an SEO firm in 2004, and have used our knowledge to grow our own sites that we publish, including The Hollywood Gossip, one of the top celebrity gossip sites on the web. Search engine traffic accounts for a big chunk of our sessions, so we would never want to create any tech that would interfere with that.
That might seem counterintuitive, especially when search engines have said they don’t love ads because they’re clunky and slow, but that’s even more reason for us to try for coexistence. We even wrote a whole blog post about SEO and ads, and how they can coexist.
In fact, we have a ton of SEO resources we have shared in blog posts, videos, help docs and more, and we’re adding more all the time. We decided to round them up for easy reference, so you can get to optimizing!
SEO Articles & Blog Posts
SEO Like A CEO series
- What is SEO?
- Page Rank: Why Links Are So Important
- Internal Links: PageRank and Simple SEO You Can Control
- External Links: How Outbound Links HELP Your SEO, Directly and Indirectly
- Backlinks: Inbound Links Are the Lifeblood of SEO, and Here’s Why
- What is a Keyword: Focus on Keyphrases, User Intent For Best SEO Results
- Long Tail Keywords: A Long-Game Strategy For SEO Growth
- Cornerstone Content: The Key(stone) to Your Content Strategy
- Keyword Research: Trust the Process (and the Right Tools) For SEO Success
- Google Stop Words: Should You Remove Them For SEO?
- Keyword Prominence: Use Your Keyphrase Early!
- Keyword Density: Optimize Your Keyphrase, But Avoid Stuffing
- Keyword Proximity: Use Your Keyphrases Together
- Page Title Tags: Powerful SEO You Can Master Today
- Meta Description: Why it Matters for SEO
- Alt Text SEO: Building Better Rankings and More Accessible Experiences
Best Practices for SEO
- The Ultimate Easy SEO Checklist
- Mediavine Guide to SEO Best Practices
- How to Choose the Right Keyword for You
- Improving Rankings with Google Search Console
Optimizing for SEO
- Mediavine RPM Challenge — A three-part challenge to help you optimize your posts for better RPM and SEO. We recommend taking it at least once per quarter to help you maximize your earnings.
- Mediavine Guide to Optimizing Content for Better SEO and Ad Performance
- Optimizing Your Most Valuable Content for Better RPM and SEO
- Improve RPM and SEO with Headings
- Increase Font Size and SEO and RPM Along With It
- Word Count: Why More is More for SEO and Ad Revenue Alike
- Get Your Site Ready for Q1
SEO & Ads
- Ads & SEO: Can they Co-Exist?
- Mediavine Script Wrapper 2.0
- Lazy Loading Ads: Why Mediavine Ads Load 200% Faster (This was featured on the Google blog)
Page Speed and SEO
- Why Page Speed Matters
- Optimize Ads for Mobile Pagespeed
- Optimize Ads for Desktop Pagespeed
- Scroll to Play Video Player
- Lazy Loaded Video Player
- Optimize Images with Short Pixel
- How to Do a Plugin Self Audit
- SEO Like A CEO Series — Our YouTube video series hosted by Mediavine CEO Eric Hochberger that’s all about the SEO strategies that took The Hollywood Gossip to be one of the top celebrity gossip sites on the internet.
- Go For Teal Series — Our YouTube video series about optimization, SEO and ads hosted by Mediavine CEO Eric Hochberger.
- Unlocking RPM with Aimee Shugarman and Courtney O’Dell (2018 Summer of Live) — Hear from two Mediavine publishers who have implemented nearly every suggestion we’ve ever given them and who have seen great growth in SEO and traffic overall because of it.
- SEO Tips & Tricks with Amber Bracegirdle (2018 Teal Talk)
- Sizzlin’ SEO with Amber Bracegirdle and Joshua Unseth (2018 Summer of Live)
- Growing Your Traffic with Stephanie Keeping and Lena Gott (2018 Summer of Live)
- Theory of Content Live! episode with Amber Bracegirdle and Joshua Unseth (2018 Mediavine Conference, hosted at Google’s HQ)
- Harnessing SEO Without Losing Your Mind with Amber Bracegirdle and Joshua Unseth (2017 Mediavine Conference in Charleston)
Create by Mediavine
Our robust WordPress plugin, Create by Mediavine, is built with SEO in mind. Add printable recipe cards, how-to craft cards and lists that are marked up with Schema that search engines love to use for rich results.
Theory of Content Podcast
Mediavine’s co-founder Amber Bracegirdle is a cohost of the Theory of Content podcast, along with Joshua Unseth, the in-house director of marketing for Alarm Grid. Together they discuss how they go about thinking about making content.